The society is an N.G.O. of All India Character and shall spread its activities
all over India and also in the other countries of the world as the Executive
Committee of the society may decide from time to time in its Executive
Committee Meeting called for this purpose.
NATURE OF ASSOCIATION
Health Care specifically Eye care using Tele ophthalmology and other sectors of
Health and Social, Educational, Economic and Cultural (Social Awareness,
Education, Health, Scientific Research Training, Cultural Heritage, Economic
Welfare, Women Empowerment)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To cultivate and promote the study and practice of ophthalmic sciences, research and man power development by the use of Tele Ophthalmology procedures and practices i.e techniques of remote diagnostics for diagnosis and the treatment of eye diseases, refractive errors, and other associated ocular pathologies with a view to render service to the community with an aim for visual rehabilitation for all in need and also to promote social contacts among ophthalmologists interested in the
field of Tele Ophthalmology.
- To organize and sponsor conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, refresher courses, etc. for promotion and mutual exchange of knowledge in the field of Tele Ophthalmology
- To promote clinical, experimental scientific research, and community and operational research in Ophthalmology and Tele Ophthalmology
- To Institute awards, Orations, Prizes, Fellowships, Studentships, and Research grants for promotion of Tele ophthalmology
- To develop and promote teaching, short-term and long-term training, residency and continuing education programmes in Tele Ophthalmology for individuals and institutions in the field of Tele ophthalmology by establishing and maintaining reference library, publishing journals and proceedings of the Society and other such materials.
- To Organize exhibitions of machinery, implements, tools, technologies and appliances etc. pertaining to Ophthalmology and Tele Ophthalmology with a view to encourage and improve the manufacture of such instruments and appliances in India, and also to promote and advise quality control in the manufacture of the aforesaid instruments and appliances.
- To Encourage formation and affiliation of State Tele Ophthalmology Society
- To Co-operate without the Medical Societies/Associations for promotion of Tele ophthalmology.
- To promote social contact and creation of goodwill amongst the Ophthalmologists, Medical practitioners, other professionals for promotion of Tele- Ophthalmology.
- To ensure ethical practice and professional conduct of its members as laid down by the society from time to time.
- To advise on legislation affecting ophthalmic practice and science of Tele Ophthalmology.
- To maintain liaison with the Central Government, State Governments and various appropriate Bodies regarding matters concerning teaching, practice, and advancement of Tele Ophthalmology
- To raise finances through subscriptions, contributions, donations from members and non-members and creating Special Funds to run the activities of the Society
- To develop Academic and Scientific Research Fund for development of Tele ophthalmology.
- To serve as a forum for exchange of information on Tele Ophthalmology.
- To acquire and dispose movable and immovable property and assets by purchasing, constructing, altering, maintaining, selling, or mortgaging properties that may be necessary for the aforesaid objectives.
- To frame bye-laws, rules and regulations and to amend, add, alter or delete the same as and when necessary.
- To undertake health education and other activities to prevent visual impairment and control blindness.
- To organize into an association and promote co-ordination amongst all persons, institutions, organizations and others engaged in or interested in or connected with or working for Prevention and Control of blindness in India.
- To establish and maintain reference library, publish journals, monographs, conference papers, results of clinical trials and proceedings of the Society and other such materials in order to promote scientific information among members.
- To coordinate with other professional agencies, associations, and organizations to share experiences, information, publications and resources towards professional development of individual and institutions engaged in the field of Tele ophthalmology in India.
- To liaise, influence, advocate with Governments both States and Centre for initiating appropriate measures for achieving the goal of elimination preventable blindness in India by using Tele Ophthalmology.
- To utilize government and non-government funds properly.
- To do all such other things as may be incidental to or conducive to the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Society.
- To do all the acts/activities/programs shall be Non-Profitable and shall be done on ‘No Profit-No Loss’ basis.
- To invest its money/funds according to the Sec. 11(5) of the I.T. Act, 1961.
- All the incomes, earnings, movable/or immovable properties of the society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of the society and no profit thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or the past members of the society or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or the past members. No member of the society shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable properties of the society or make any profits, whatsoever, by virtue of this membership.
INCIDENTAL TO THE MAIN OBJECTIVES
To promote public charitable objects or purposes which will be or is intended to advance the well being of the people of India or for their welfare and upliftment without distinction of any caste religion or community.
RELIEF TO THE POOR:
To help and to provide relief to the poor irrespective of caste, creed, race, religion or language. To acquire, fund, promote or assist in cash or kind for conducting marriages of the poor or needy.
YOGA, SKILL DEVELOPMENT, SWACHHA BHARAT AND ATMA NIRVAR PROMOTION PROGRAM:
Yoga: To promote traditional therapies like Yoga, Naturopathy, Meditation
BENEFICIARY OF THE SOCIETY:
All the objects of the Society and its activities will be confined to India and will be carried on without profit motive and without any distinction on account of caste, creed colour or religion.
All the incomes, earnings, movable / immovable properties of the Society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and object only a set forth in the Memorandum of the Society and no profit, thereof shall be paid or
transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any other manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the Society or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or the past members.
No member of the Society shall have any personal claim on any moveable or immovable properties of the Society or make any profits, whatsoever, by virtue of this membership.
The management and day-to-day affairs of the association shall be looked after by Executive Body
DESIROUS PERSON / GENERAL BODY:
We the undersigned are desirous of forming a Society, under the Societies Registration Act 1860 in pursuance of this Memorandum of Association of the Society.